Today, after 3 days of trying to pacify an ah ma to eat, I finally succeeded. To everyone's surprise. My staff nurses, ward sister, and lecturer couldn't get her to eat at all. When she took her first bite of the food, I almost wanted to burst into tears...
And as for my case study patient, she was discharged today! She was so happy and she kept saying I'm her lucky star... But I hardly did anything. I only talked to her and tried to reinforce positivity... Apparently, that's all they needed.
Looking at these patients there, whatever pain I'm having now just doesn't compare to theirs. Everything I experienced can't possibly be worse than what they're going through. And they're all brave warriors. Much braver than I am. I learnt alot from them and I guess I will continue to...
My little warriors, little shining stars of hope... =)
No comments:
Post a Comment