Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Disappearing innocence...

2 days at IMH and I'm liking it there already... I'm even considering signing a sponsorship bond with IMH next year. Till then, I still have time to decide.

Why?

Cos of the innocence the patients have. Not all of them, but most. They behave like kids. When they're happy or furious, it's obvious to everyone. One even wanted me to pat her to sleep and didn't want me to go home. This innocence of theirs, can no longer be found in grown-up people like us. That's why I prefer animals. Animals don't have the ability to hurt you like people do.

Our ward sister told us that in the mental health department, being observant is the most important thing. We, as nurses, act as their mothers, their bosses, their counsellors and their friends. She said it seems easy, but being observant is never easy enough. There's new challenges everyday. Something I'd like... =)

Mental health, neurology, oncology, paediatrics... Choices choices choices...

And as for him... I do wanna give up. I really do. Because I already fought for it and lost. But a part of me is screaming for me to hang on, to trust my gut feeling. And that scream is so loud among the chaos I can't possibly ignore it.

Whatever it is, I don't have time to think about this... Actually I do, since I'm not meeting him during weekends anymore. Time to get my weekends filled with the many hobbies of mine... =)

Time to get my own stuff done...

I'm moving on, whether you're with me or not... And I'll always be just so inviting...

No comments: