I've always felt that things happen for a reason. Be it good or bad. When good things happen, I would consider myself lucky, or that my efforts have paid off and that I deserve it.
When bad things happen, for some people, it can be a totally different story. For me, I'd take it as a challenge, to improve myself and to learn from a new perspective.
My perspective is looking through a kaleidoscope. Not the ones with the colourful glass thingy, but the kind where you can actually look through. It hit me when I bought mine at a toy store in Melbourne. Looking at things through it, I realised it made things looked so beautiful. No matter how simple the thing is, be it a blade of grass or a plain old cup. Through the different angles, that thing looks beautiful.
Then it got me wondering, "Shouldn't life be like that too?" No matter how bad that shit is, there will definitely be something beautiful about it. It's all about the exposure and the angle (lyrics from Paramore, and I couldn't agree more). It's all about how you view it, how willing are you to accept it and how willing are you to improve on it.
Yes, granted, we all complain and make some noise about it. But after that initial outbreak, shouldn't we sit back and think of the possible good things that could come from it?
I've finally found something I'd like to collect. Kaleidoscopes. Even though I only have a cheap one from a toy store now, this would probably be with me for a long time. It taught me something valuable, and I'll pass that on to future generations. The next one I'm gonna get is the vintage one from the antique store at Mt. Dandenung. I still regret not getting it... (slaps self) Well, I'll be back there one day... One day... =)
1 comment:
I'm super impressed with your level of optimism! And you put it so beautifully with your kaleidoscope analogy. I feel inspired! :D Thanks for sharing this laopo.
Post a Comment