The attachment ended nicely. We got to visit a patient in ICU and talked to her for awhile. It was probably one of the best feelings I've had since the start of the attachment. She was so touched that we visited that she teared up. She held on to my hand and said that when she gets discharged, she wants to gain some weight cos she thinks that my size is perfect. (LOL) She also gave us some advice and even provided some info of our characters which were surprisingly accurate. It was at that moment when she held our hands that I realised these patients really appreciate what we did for them. And at that moment, there was no negativity, only warm and fuzzy feelings in the heart.
Another one of my patients actually was near to tears when she found out that it was my last day. Cos there would be no one to talk to anymore and she would be all lonely. She kinda made me wanna go back to visit her...
This appreciation from the patients is what I'll hang onto for the rest of my career. I'll live for warm and fuzzy moments like these... =)
Looking forward to IMH next! =D
And I'm not gonna lie but I miss you... And I don't know how to be something you'll miss...
No comments:
Post a Comment