A little update about the birthday thing... My lovely wife-ys (minus the one in UK) accompanied me to the polyclinic for a dental appointment, ECG and chest X-ray. We were there since 9.30am and we left there at like 2pm? Horrible waiting time as always...
After that, we took a cab down to Keppel Bay and had a romantic lunch by the deck. It was drizzling abit but I loved the weather! Mainly cos I wasn't sweating... LOL. We then walked to Vivo and did some shopping and I headed off to Novena to meet the primary school gang.
Met up with the late-as-usual people and had dinner at a place called Professor Brawn's cafe. Food was OK, but I hate that they kept playing Justin Bieber's CD. We then proceeded to Baskin Robbins! Favourite ice-cream place ever and we were all super excited of their arrival in tiny Singapore! We shared 6 scoops of ice cream and concluded that Gold Medal Ribbon was our favourite and then proceeded to Udders for second round! It was another 4 scoops at Udders then we went and walked around at United Square and waited for more people to arrive and we proceeded to NEX for karaoke!
I mentioned in the car that I realised I hadn't cut any cake or blow out any candles and was laughing at myself for not mentioning that I want to do that every year. I was thinking that I won't get the chance to do it this year... Little did I know, a scheming plan was forming in their minds...
They made use of the fact that I was SUPER tired and in my own world and ran off to get a cake from NRIC (NTUC actually, no thanks to auto-correct) and returned before midnight! But I did get a pleasant surprise... And I'm kinda glad I did get to make a few wishes... =)
And then I was laughing at my own 'blur-ness'. Cos I remembered this was the second time they managed to fool me... Seriously, 人多好办事. Easier to distract me and make sure I have no idea what was going on...
But really, I'm really glad we've maintained such good ties throughout the years. It's not often that you still contact the people you know since you were seven (some eleven). I feel really blessed to have all you lovely people around me! Everyone! For all those who left a comment on my FB wall, those who sms-ed me, those who whatsapp-ed me, those who called, those who skyped, those who made short, lovely videos, those who spent time with me... Thank you. Thank you for being in my life and thank you for remembering. Nothing can compare to how blessed and loved I feel now... And I feel like I'm the luckiest girl ever!
***
An update about the check-up thing I did cos of my chest pain. First, I did and ECG and a chest X-ray. And today, I went back to review the results. Everything's normal. And the doc thinks the reason for the pain is costochondritis, which is the inflammation of the joint between the ribs and the breastbone. It's a common thing to have, apparently. And there's no need for panic cos it's nothing serious. Painkillers would do the trick. But I think I'm gonna go back once I'm free and get my X-ray results and go consult another doc... He doesn't sound very convincing...
Anyways, my mom brought me for a facial yesterday. And now, my face looks like I have measles. Scabs are forming and I'm resisting the urge to pick at them. The people at the facial place claims they could cure my problem in a month and a half if not money back guarantee... We'll see about that... I miss my old skin and I want it back... And my undereye circles and annoying eyebags have been getting worse. Seriously, I wanna cry everytime I look at myself in the mirror... Hopefully, my skin will be back to normal in 6 weeks' time... Crossing my fingers... =)
And lastly, THIS...
is for ALL OF YOU...
No comments:
Post a Comment