As I carried this newborn baby, this new, precious, innocent life, a huge traffic of thoughts rushed through my head. The little one made me realize how much a mother is willing to sacrifice for a bundle of joy. And for that moment, I realized I will protect the innocent one with my life. And I realized the greatness of being a mom.
And then I got worried as to how much hope a child should have as he/she starts growing up. Should a parent give him/her plenty, and risk disappointing the child big time, or not much at all, and the child could risk being demoralized.
This happens to me all the time. Even if I'm no longer a kid. I used to have big hopes. But I realized big hopes give big disappointments. Little hopes give me nothing to look forward to.
It's hard to find a balance. And I would rather be more practical and work my arse off for it than to hope at times...
Cos to me, hope is an overrated word, hope = disappointment. Yeah, I dreadfully need to train myself to think otherwise...
Hope? Hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment